Forest Machine Track Customisation
All you need to know about customisation of your tracks to your bespoke needs.
Although we offer a wide range of products at Clark Tracks, we understand that there are a number of variables that affect your selection, such as ground and working conditions or machine type.
If you find that none of the tracks shown meet your needs fully, we can customise our existing track products to suit customer requirements or, where viable, will consider the design and manufacture of a specialist track.
More information can be seen in our Product Range.
Special Track Designs
We appreciate that terrains, customer preferences and general limitations of use may require a slightly different product from standard. We therefore offer to customise our existing track products to suit customer requirements or, where viable, will consider the design and manufacture of a specialist track.
Extra Track Plate Width
It is often possible for us to increase the overall width of the track by simply increasing the length of the track plate during manufacture. We therefore offer the following track plate options:
- Extended both sides
- Extended more on one side than the other. Often done where there is little clearance between machine bodywork and tyre side wall
- Folded down track plate ends. It should be noted that this is not always possible.
Extra width options are limited by track model and tooling constraints. Please email Clark Tracks technical department to discuss options and availability.
Anti-Skid spikes are designed to stop the forest machine sliding sideways when crossing side slopes. They are normally between 40mm and 50mm in height, depending on track model, one spike per plate alternating left and right from track plate to track plate.
Spikes are available in a range of sizes for welding to forest tracks. Manufactured from heat treated boron alloy steel which is easily welded, these spikes combine hardness with strength.
Welding instructions are available at www.clarktracks.com
Depending on track model and expected usage, the following options may be available.
- No spikes at all - for level ground and forest roads.
- Two spikes per plate (one each side)
- Higher and lower height spikes (40mm, 50mm, 60mm and 70mm in stock)
- Spikes welded to different position on track plate
- Paddle Spikes – 75mm wide by 50mm high – for ultimate climbing
- Rocky Spike – 75mm extra heavy duty spikes for Terra 95’s.
- Road Spike – where the spike is at the outside of the plate, above the link.